How to leverage Facebook’s “Interest List” and “Get Notifications” features to ensure your Fans see your posts
November 16, 2012 Leave a comment
Most likely, you’ve been seeing fewer posts in your Newsfeed from Facebook Pages that you’ve liked. If you’re a business and you’re using your Facebook Page as a marketing channel, this means fewer of your Fans are seeing your posts. What do you do? Well, you could either pay Facebook to promote your posts or you can try to educate your Fans so they’ll see all of your posts.
Let’s talk about the education choice. Facebook has recently introduced two new features on your Facebook Page that will enable your Fans to see all of your posts. These two features are Interest Lists and Get Notifications.
Interest Lists allow your Fans to subscribe to your page and organize information or updates that they receive into lists, so once a Fan adds your Page to a list, all they have to do to see all of your content at once, is click on the list in the left hand pane of their Facebook account.
Get Notifications ensures that your Fans will receive Notifications whenever you post an update. This ensures that they won’t miss out on any new contests or campaigns that you run.
As is typical of Facebook, the configuration of these new features requires a tutorial.
We’ll use TidalWave‘s own Facebook Page to illustrate this.
How to add a Page to your Interest List and set Get Notifications:
- Navigate to https://www.facebook.com/TidalWaveApp, make sure you have already Liked the page.
- Click on the Liked button and a drop-down list appears.
- Select Get Notifications from the menu. You are now automatically signed up to receive notifications whenever TidalWave makes a post.
- Next, click on the Liked button again and select the Add to Interest Lists link.
- If you haven’t already set up an Interest List , Facebook will guide you through this. Click the +New List option in the subsequent menu.
- Select one of the existing categories or simply click the next button to give a name to your new Interest List.
- Enter a name in the List Name edit control. You can now see that you have subscribed to TidalWave.
- Click the Done button and you can see your new Interest List added to your page. Now, click on the link and you can see all the posts from TidalWave in a single shot!