One effective method of promoting your App at no extra cost is posting a link to your App in a Group. This is a quick way for your App to be seen by a larger amount of people (outside just your friends and fans) who have a shared interest in your promotions and Apps. Not only will you get to see updates from a Group but you can share your Apps where relevant and get exposure quickly and easily.
You can join existing groups or start your own, Facebook even gives suggestions for Groups to join based on your friends activities.
Love going out and dancing or seeing live shows, create a group for your Club or a group for your Theme Nights!
You can even start your own group, love soccer? Create a local soccer group and create an event App for pick-up games.
Love seeing the viral kitty videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GbycvPwr1Wg), this one had us laughing. Join one of the many many kitty groups out there:)
This article assumes you have already created an App using TidalWave.
To Create or Join a Group on Facebook:
- Click the Add Group link on the left hand side of your Facebook News Feed.
- You are presented with a list of suggested Groups, click the Join button next to a group that piques your interest. (If the Group has a closed membership, an invite will be sent to the Group).
- Click the Create a New Group button if you want to start your own group.
- Enter a name for your Group, add members by typing in the first letter of friends, and select the privacy level for your Group.
- Click the Create button.
- You can then choose from the variety of icons that Facebook provides (where are the doggie and kitty icons? hmmm). Either skip this if you don’t want one or choose one and click the Okay button.
To Promote your TidalWave App to a Group:
- Navigate to TidalWave. Right-click on the App you want to promote and select Promote from the subsequent menu.
- Select the ‘Post using Facebook “Share this Link”’ radio button and click the Promote button on the toolbar.
- The Facebook Share this Link window will open. Select ‘In a group’ from the first drop down.
- In the second edit control, begin typing the name of the Group you want to post to and select the Group from the list that appears. (availability of groups will depend on the privacy setting for a particular Group)
- In the third edit control, enter your promotional message.
- Finally, click on the Share this Link button. Simple as that your message and a link to your App has been posted to the Group.