Create an Event App for all your Holiday Festivities!
December 14, 2012 Leave a comment
Have a Holiday Party coming up? Whether it be for the office, your club, or even your personal house party you can create an invitation that is creative and interesting with TidalWave for Facebook. Facebook events are so last year:) Try something new this year and use TidalWave to create a ‘spruced up’ invite to your holiday party.
You can include a comments field so that guests can talk about the party and upcoming plans! You can then see at a quick glance who is attending.
Another benefit to using TidalWave,is you can create a followup App that allows your guest to upload photos from your event, then create an album in Facebook sharing these photos as a Thank You for attending! Pretty nifty! Click here to see how to create a photo contest. Don’t share it until just before the party and then encourage all those Instagrammers and Iphoners to click and upload pictures to their hearts content!
- Navigate to TidalWave.
- Click the Create New App button. Select Event from the subsequent dialog.
- Provide a name and description for you App, then select 2 Columns from the Layout drop down and any Color Scheme and click OK to create your Event App.
- You are now in the App Editor. Double click on the banner to upload your own banner or select from existing images in your albums. Tip: The default width of a banner image for a Tab App is 520px. The default width of a banner image for a Canvas App is 700px.
- Customize the text for your App by putting in the correct information for your event.
- Click on the Who field, you are automatically switched to to the Settings tab. Enter the correct information in the Field Label edit control.
- To change the font, color and style of your text, apply the changes from the Label Style drop downs. Repeat these steps for the rest of the fields.
- Repeat these steps for the remainder of the fields.
- Next, you have the option to set a background color for your App. Click on the Background button on the toolbar and select a color from the palette that appears.
- Now, you can add a festive image that embodies the spirit of your event! Click on the Image field in the Fields tab, simply click on the default image to upload a new image or add an existing Image. In the Settings tab, make your selection of S, M, L or Original for Image Size. Add text for the Image label or simply delete it.
- Add a Comment plugin, so your friends or fans can comment on your awesome Event app. Click the Comments button on the Fields tab. Next, click the View button on the toolbar, TidalWave launches a new tab or window, copy the link from the browser and paste it into the Comments URL edit control in the Settings tab.
- Add the correct location for your event, by clicking on the Map that is provided. Replace the link in the Field Label edit control! Go to Google Maps, enter your location and select the link button, then copy and paste the link in the ‘Paste HTML to embed in website’ edit control.
Check out our other posts, to see what other features you can add to your Apps!