Create a Voting App by Customizing your Submit buttons!
December 19, 2012 Leave a comment
Create a Voting App quickly with TidalWave. One idea is to have your resident Mixologist dream up a few holiday cocktail recipes, snap a few images of these awesome recipes and have your fans and customers Vote on their favorite. Then, offer the favorite as a drink special on one of the holidays. You can apply this App concept to any business, replace cocktail with your item of choice. TidalWave makes it easy for you to create your own custom Apps without the need for an Apps Specialist.
- Navigate to TidalWave.
- Click the Create New App button. Select Contest from the subsequent dialog.
- Provide a name and description for your App, then select 2 Column from the Layout drop down and any Color Scheme and click OK to create your Voting App.
- You are now in the App Editor. Double click on the banner to upload your own banner or select from existing images in your albums. Tip: The default width of a banner image for a Tab App is 520px. The default width of a banner image for a Canvas App is 700px.
- Next, you have the option to set a background color for your App. Click on the Background button on the toolbar and select a color from the palette that appears.
- Modify any of the default fields by clicking on them and changing the text in the Settings tab, deleting or moving them up or down via the toolbar.
- Now, add your images, click on the Image button from the palette in the Forms tab, this adds an image placeholder in the left hand column. Click on the placeholder and either upload or add an image.
- Now add a radio button from the palette and edit the name. This adds a radio button just underneath your image. Edit the field by clicking on it and adding parameters in the Settings tab .
- To add an image to the right hand column, drag and drop the image onto the right hand pane. Double click on the image placeholder and either upload or add an image.
- Next, add a radio button to the right pane by dragging and dropping a radio button to right hand pane. Edit the field by clicking on it and adding parameters in the Settings tab.
- Last, customize the button field to your form. Select the button in the right column and in the Button Text edit control type Vote! Tip: You can change the submit button to say anything you want.
- Save and Close your App. Click the preview button to see your App in action.
Check out our other blog posts to see how to publish and promote your new App!