How to Use TidalWave’s CSS Editor to Add Eye-catching Borders to Fields on your Apps
January 3, 2013 Leave a comment
A quick way to add style and draw attention to your TidalWave Apps is to apply borders to your text or input fields. This quick and easy touch can draw attention to certain fields you may want to highlight. If you know a little CSS, you can really get busy creating customized layouts, colors, etc with TidalWave’s built-in CSS capabilities.
- Navigate to TidalWave.
- Click the Create New App button. Select any template from the subsequent dialog.
- Provide a name and description for your App, then select anything from Layout drop down and any Color Scheme and click OK to create your App.
- The App Editor opens. Click the Label button from the Fields tab to add it to your form. You will be switched to the Settings tab.
- Next click the gear icon that appears in the Label style controls. This opens up an edit control where you can add custom CSS.
- To add a border around your text, navigate to the end of the text (;) in the edit control and add the style border-style:dashed; border around your label; (make sure that last character is a semicolon;).
- Click the Apply button and you will see that a border appears around your label field.
- This adds a nice dashed border to your text. A few other simple border types are:
TIP: When you change the color of the text associated with the field the border will change to this color as well. Test it out, go wild!