How to Customize the Image Carousel in your TidalWave for Facebook App
May 2, 2013 1 Comment
You can customize the Image Carousel field in a variety of ways in order to achieve the look and feel that best suits your vision.
- Navigate to TidalWave.
- Click the Create New App button and select an App from the subsequent dialog.
- Provide a name and description for your App, then select the Layout and Color Scheme. Click OK to create your App.
- Click the Carousel button to add the field to your App and double click on the field to switch to the Settings tab.
- Field Label: Enter the name for you image/photo carousel or album or you can leave it blank and let the images speak for themselves.
- Label Style: Select the font, size, color and style for the field label from this group of controls.
- Input Style: Here you can select the font size and color for each individual image. TIP: To change the background color for the image label, click the gear icon. This opens a CSS editor. Change the color in the background-color tag to any color you want using HTML color codes and click the Apply button.
- View: Select the number of images you want your users to see when they initially view the carousel and how many images are displayed on a single view, 1, 2 or 3.
- Image Size: Select the size you want your images Small, Medium, or Large. This is important depending on what you selected in the previous step.
- Add your images: Double click on the Image 1 field or click the edit icon on the toolbar.
- To upload a new image: Click on the ’Click here to Change Your Image’ button.
- Next, click the Upload button on the toolbar (if you have already uploaded an image, choose it from the gallery)
- Navigate to the location where the image you want to use resides and click Open.
- Click the OK button to add your image to the Carousel.
- To use an Image URL: If you want to use an image that is hosted on a website (ie. Flicker, your own website, etc.) you can simply Copy the Image URL from the location using your browser’s right hand menu and Paste it directly into the Image URL field.
- Now, give your Image a label by typing it into the Image Text Field.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
- Use the plus icon to add new images. Use the up and down arrow icons to reorder your images. Use the X icon to delete any unwanted images.